Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Violin - "Tartini"

Our son outgrew his violin (again!) and has now upgraded to a 1/2 size violin. This is a photo I took of his new violin ~ a Tartini Strad. The sound is so beautiful and so much more rich! Our son loves it and plays quite handsomely on it too. (I'm such the proud mama). :)

This photo was also my submission for DPS forum's last assignment ~ the "Five Senses". Obviously, I was focusing on the sense of hearing in this shot. The assignment allowed us to capture either all 5 senses or just one. This isn't the best shot I would've liked to submit for this assignment, but it was well enough due to lack of time. :) Hope you like it!

Btw, did you notice the "gallery print" I created for the shot? I love the look of it with the large white border. I learned this from my new favorite photography book: Photoshop CS2 for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. Totally fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat! I also have a book by Kelby that has been of great assistance, "The Digital Photography Book." I love that photo and effect! Good job!

Jocelyn K. said...

Yes, Kelby's books are quite good! I've looked at that book as well, but had already purchased another digital photography book that had similar info. I also enjoy some of his humor. :)

Since you have CS3, you may want to look at Kelby's CS3 for digital photographers book.

Thanks for all your comments, Gabe! I enjoy reading them!

~ Mrs. K

Sarah K. said...

That photo is sound, site and touch too... it looks so smooth!