Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Cactus Flower & Texture Layer



Can you believe these beautiful, pink flowers grew from cacti?? I still can't believe it myself. This was taken back in April, during our trip to the Sonoran Desert Museum. I'm loving how vivid the color of the flowers turned out!

The two shots show the difference in appearance when a texture layer is added. I've posted several texture layer shots before, but what I just learned is how to remove the texture on places I don't want it to show (ie: faces, flower petals, etc) and still keep the tone of the texture on those areas.

The first shot has a texture layer applied to it, but notice the texture does not show up on the petals. And yet, the tone of the texture is still kept throughout the entire photo. I'm so excited to learn this! :) The second photo is the original.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Purty! Oh, question- does 'first' mean top or bottom?

Jocelyn K. said...

First means top. :)

Anonymous said...

Those kind of flowers are why I want a cactus in my room at school. I'm just afraid I'd find a way to kill it.