Monday, August 04, 2008

Color-pop Portrait

AAK Portrait


I'm so excited! I learned how to "color-pop" portrait shots this evening. Woo-hoo! Here is my first try at the tips I learned from the Amy-Rose Inspired (flickr) group.

I wanted to get more practice with portrait photography this afternoon, so I had my son dress in semi-casual attire and took him to our backyard for a mini-photo shoot. He was a good sport! This was a fun shoot. I had the perfect lighting (during sunset) and tried various angles and portrait tips I read from the DPS blog. I can't wait to practice more! So who wants to be my next guinnea pig (I mean, model!)?? LOL!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! How did you get his skin to look so smooth?

Jocelyn K. said...

Thanks, Jocelyn! I used a skin smoothing action from the Amy-Rose Inspired group. If you have Photoshop, you can download it here:

http://filebuffer.org/d/952fd16ea306_Amy-Rose_King_Skin_Smoothing.atn

I am totally LOVING this action! It's what I've been looking for when doing portrait photography! :D

Anonymous said...

What is color pop? Nice shot, though. And I was your guinea pig Saturday. BTW, Aaron is a great model!