Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Beth & Dana ~ My First Clients!

This past week has been quite exciting for me as a photographer! As the Lord would have it, I was contacted by two separate people (friends from my homeschool group) who asked me to photograph their weddings. Yes, I said weddings! Yeah, I know...are you kidding me??? :D

I am sooo honored to have been asked, especially given my novice experience. I agreed to do both ceremonies and photographed the first of the two weddings this past Saturday! Below are some of my favorite pictures from Beth & Dana's ceremony. It was actually a wedding vow renewal for them as they celebrated their 20th anniversary. It was very intimate and totally casual. A lot of fun! I am so thankful for this experience. I learned a lot! THANK YOU Beth & Dana for this wonderful opportunity! You guys ROCK!











Click image below to view full slideshow!

I have to mention that their ceremony was at a state park and the weather on this day was a very cool 90 degrees! LOL. When I say I learned a lot, I wasn't kidding! This was my first official photo shoot ever, outside of sessions I've done with my family. So I had to learn about positioning subjects, working with the lighting (which was during the least favorite time of day for a photographer -- midday!), and trying to interchange my lenses without missing an important shot. (I don't have a second dslr)

Oh, I almost forgot....I did have my 10yo son with me with his camera as my "2nd photographer"! LOL! It wasn't planned, it just turned out that way. He was great! I loved that we were working together as a family. Actually, 3 of the shots in this slideshow are from his shots! I'm such a proud mama! :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo seems to fit the post well. To me it shows people on the verge of a journey, much like the one you're on now.

Rachel said...

great job! i love the colors.

Jocelyn K. said...

Thanks Chris & chewymama!

FYI, Chris: You viewed this post before I was officially finished with it. LOL! I was testing something with the post and forgot that I had published it until I received your comment. :D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job JOcelyn!!! We were so honored to have you and Kevin and Aaron there. Thank you Buddy!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Wow. A wedding. You are brave.

Lori Putman said...

Wonderful photographs!

Anonymous said...

Nice weading pictures, and I like your blog. :)

Beth said...

Great pictures... congradulations on a new family business :)