Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Tribute

Children's children [are] the crown of old men;
and the glory of children [are] their fathers.
(Proverbs 17:6)

What a precious picture of my beloved husband with our son - a vision of Biblical Fatherhood. Words cannot express how much I love, adore, appreciate, and respect this man that the Lord has given me as my perfect complement. As I look at him in his role as a father, I see a man who, as imperfect as he may be, strives with all his might to be the kind of godly father he has been called to be by our Heavenly Father.

His love for our son, our family, is sacrificial and unconditional. He is always there for him (us!) and is faithful to his commitments. Yet, he is also humble before us when he falls short. He has purposed in his heart to lead this family for the glory of Christ! He is a man of VISION. He is a great provider and protector. All in all....he is the BEST! God knew the perfect man for me to be married to and to be the father of our child(ren).

We are not a perfect family -- we are, of course, sinners saved by grace! But His miraculous and all powerful hand is most definitely upon us. And most especially, upon my husband as He continues to transform his life in ways he (or I) could not have ever imagined.

Our journey has been joyful, challenging at times, but above all, greatly blessed. All glory is to Christ Jesus, our one and only King, Savior, Redeemer, and Lord! Apart from Him, we are nothing and in Him is life everlasting.

Beyond measure, I love my husband and our son loves his father! Happy Father's Day, honey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute, both on the written and the photographical end.

Anonymous said...

Preach it! I mean, do not preach it! I mean.... That is to say, I concur in full. Amen and hallelujah!